Welcome to the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. It is our pleasure to have you on board for the annual pre-dental clinical simulation course. This course has been designed for pre-dental students to gain insight and a hands-on approach to learning about what the clinical portion of dental school entails. More importantly it is an opportunity to begin to develop the hand skills that are necessary to succeed. It is an opportunity to find out "if dentistry is for you."
This course will reveal the art and science behind dentistry. Students that complete this course will have a better idea of what it takes to be a dental student, gain confidence, and become a more competitive applicant.
Students attending the predental clinical simulation course will have the opportunity to learn the following in a state of the art pre-clinical simulation lab:
• Restore cavity preparations with amalgam.
• Restore cavity preparations with composite.
• Take impressions of typodonts and pour them in stone.
• Have access to current dental students attending OU COD for a Q&A session.
• Take a practical and written examination for certification of attendance.
Click on the link to register for the course.