Emergency treatment is intended primarily to alleviate pain and will be limited in scope.
In our student clinics, a set number of emergency appointments are available Monday through Friday on a first-come, first served basis.
Emergency services provided by student dentists under the supervision of licensed faculty dentists include:
- Emergency tooth extraction (removal)*
- Emergency tooth restoration (repair)**
The initial emergency appointment fee is $70.00 and it is due at check in. Depending on the severity and complexity of the dental emergency, additional procedures may be necessary. These additional procedures may result in fees of up to $400.00 per patient, particularly if tooth restoration is required
Emergency Walk-In Extraction Clinic
- Oklahoma City: For Emergency Walk-In Extraction Clinic hours and fees at OU College of Dentistry, 1201 N. Stonewall Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK, please call 405/271-1356.
- Tulsa – Coming Soon: Emergency Walk-In Extraction Clinic hours at the OU College of Dentistry’s Delta Dental of Oklahoma Comprehensive Care Clinic, 4444 E. 41st Street in Tulsa, OK, will be available starting in June 2022. Please check back for details.
**Emergency Tooth Restoration
- If you have a tooth requiring immediate attention, please call our Communications Center at 405/271-7744 to schedule an emergency appointment.
Note: An emergency appointment does not automatically enroll a patient in The University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry student program. If you are interested in receiving continued care in our student clinics, please click here to apply.
If you have a life-threatening emergency or you have experienced severe dental trauma,
please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room immediately.