Ways to Give
https://dentistry.ouhsc.edu/Alumni-and-Friends Parent Page: Alumni and Friends id: 14784 Active Page: Ways to Giveid:15019

Ways to Give

As the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry continues to strive towards our goal to be recognized as the top clinical and top clinical research program in the nation, we are having to reply upon the generosity and support of our alumni and friends. Your gift is an investment in our future and will help to shape the future of dentistry through excellence in education, patient care, research, community service, faculty and facilities.

How to Make Outright Gifts

Donors can help the College of Dentistry meet the challenges of the future through several gift methods. Outright gifts may be designated to certain programs or unrestricted for use where the need or opportunity is the greatest. Certain methods of giving provide tax or estate planning benefits. Contact the Office of Development at (405) 271-4380 for more information.

Additional Information


Gifts of cash may be deducted up to 50% of adjusted gross income. Gifts of appreciated real or personal property may be deducted up to 30% of adjusted gross income. Excess deductions may be carried over for up to five (5) additional years.

 Most importantly, for those interested in furthering the purposes of any area within the College of Dentistry, the development staff can help explore methods of gift giving most advantageous to the donor. We thank you for both your consideration and generosity. 

Gifts of Cash

The majority of gifts to any area of the College of Dentistry are cash. An unrestricted gift to be used for priority needs is of great benefit. Gifts may be designated for any activity, department, or program within the College of Dentistry. Checks should be made payable to the OU Foundation, Inc.

OU College of Dentistry
Office of Development
1201 N Stonewall Avenue, Suite 514 B
Oklahoma City, OK 73117

Online gifts can be made here

Gifts of Securities

Gifts of appreciated securities can provide special tax advantages, including avoiding capital gains and deduction at the current fair market value. The simplest way to make a gift of stock is to contact the Office of Developemnt.

Gifts of Real Estate

Gifts of homes, farms and other real property can receive the same tax treatment as gifts of securities: no capital gains plus deductibility at current fair market value. Usually, the OU Foundation, Inc. will accept gifts of real estate to benefit the College of Dentistry if there are no restrictions placed on selling the property.

Gifts of Life Insurance

When the OU Foundation, Inc. is named as the sole owner and beneficiary of a life insurance policy, the contributor is eligible to receive an immediate charitable deduction for the lesser of the policy's fair market value or the net premiums paid. Premiums paid later may also be deductible.

Memorial and Tribute Gifts

Any gift may be designated in memory or honor of a relative or friend. The family of the individual will be notified of such thoughtfulness.


Another way to support the College of Dentistry is through gifts of tangible property. The contributor may be eligible for a deduction equal to the full current fair market value.

Corporate Matching Gifts

Contributors are able to increase the value of each gift through an employer’s matching gift program. The value of each contribution may be increased once, twice or even three times. The corporate personnel office usually provides information. Often gifts of retirees and spouses are also eligible for match. The proper form for realizing the match should be enclosed with each gift.

How to Make Long-Term Gifts

Although outright gifts provide valuable support for current programs, long-term gifts provide substantial support for future programs. This form of giving is particularly suitable for those who desire to make a larger gift than may be possible outright. The allowable estate tax deduction for charitable gifts remains unlimited under the tax laws.

Life Income

Those desiring to increase their cash flow and perhaps that of a spouse, and at the same time provide a significant gift, should consider establishing a life income arrangement.

The most desirable situation might be to use a non-income producing appreciated asset, such as real property, to fund a trust. The trust may stipulate the contributor or spouse be paid income for a fixed period of time or for life.


The most frequent form of a long-term gift is a specific bequest in a will. A will is a very personal matter and should be prepared with an attorney. Development staff are available upon request to aid in drafting the appropriate bequest clause.


Megan (Louk) Drew 
Director of External Affairs
1201 N. Stonewall Ave., Suite 514B
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
(405) 271-4380

Taylor Lingle
Director of Advancement
Cell: (309) 212-1357