DO NOT SEND ANY MATERIALS TO THE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM.
1. All materials are submitted through the DHCAS website according to their instructions: http://www.adea.org/DHCASapp/applicants/
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS: Applicants request official transcripts from each college or university attended using a
special DHCAS transmittal form.
- ACT or SAT SCORE: Individual component scores and
composite scores are required.
Applicants are instructed to upload their ACT score report under the
Standardized Tests section of the application.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: For detailed instructions regarding the personal statement, please
use this link
: ADEA Personal Statement, then scroll to the Personal
- 40-HOUR OBSERVATION
: Signed documentation from practicing
registered dental hygienist(s) for a minimum of 40 hours of observation is
required. Use additional forms if
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: Applicants provide email addresses for
two letter writers to the DHCAS. The DHCAS
sends emails to letter writers with instructions explaining the submission
- OPTIONAL: Applicants that have
completed the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) examination offered by the
Dental Assisting National Board (DANB), please upload a copy of the certificate
to the DHCAS website under the Licenses and Certificates section of the
2. TOEFL Exam (Test of English Foreign Language)
The TOEFL Exam is Required for Applicants to Whom English is a Second Language
DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM EXCEPTIONS:
- The TOEFL exam is waived for applicants whom have earned a high school diploma from a United States high school
- The TOEFL exam is waived for applicants whom have earned a bachelor’s degree from a four-year United States institution
*Minimum TOEFL Scores for Dental Hygiene Program applicants:
- Paper Based TOEFL Score: 550
- Internet Based TOEFL Score: 79
*Please be aware that TOEFL scores expire after two years
Applicants with additional questions regarding the TOEFL exam, please click here: Who should take the TOEFL Exam?
3. Foreign Transcripts or Credentials:
Applicants with foreign transcripts or credentials are required to submit official grade documents to WES for a course-by-course evaluation. Please click on the World Education Services (WES) link above to visit their website.
Applicants with additional questions regarding foreign transcripts or credentials, please click here: OUHSC Admissions Click on Prospective Students, then International Applicants